Rtint® Smoke Tint Film Features
- Adhesive backed, ready to apply tint film.
- Heat conformable for extreme curves and wraps.
- 3 mil thick (.0042") blends seamlessly with lights.
- Warranty backed, durable and UV stable.
- Comes pre-applied with removable protective layer that prevents scratches during application.
Rtint smoked series tint films are an installer friendly 3-ply DIY trim-to-fit sheet of film. They are designed to be applied to the exterior of your vehicles headlights, tail lights, fog lights or just about any other light. It can be applied to OEM or even aftermarket lights for a customized smoked look. Sold in a variety of sizes and tint shades the film is backed by a 3 year warranty and a 5 year durability rating.
This vehicle light tint film is a translucent film designed to change the shade of your vehicle's lights without a significant change the to output color. It is adhesive backed and applies much like a decal or sticker, heated, conformed and then trimmed.
How do I install Rtint® Smoke Tint Film?
The easiest way to answer this questions is for you to watch our installation video at the top of this page. Although it showcases our Rtint series film on a motor vehicle, the installation techniques are the same for most lights. Tinting your two or four wheeled vehicle's lights can be significantly less expensive and easier with a film when compared to tint sprays. Please watch the above introductory video to learn how to use this product. The video showcases Rtint Midnight Static Cling tint, although this is a static cling film show the installation principals are the same.
- Installation difficulty depends on the ability of the installer.
- Depends on how curved the application surface is.
- Depends on if the proper installation tools and fluids are used.
- Depends on whether the installer is familiar with heat applying tint films.
What Rtint application tools do you recommend?
All of them. Installation can be difficult and the tools we offer help guarantee results.
- The application squeegee will reduce air bubbles and aide in heat conforming the film.
- Low friction sleeves prevent "squeegee scratches" on your tint.
- Rapid Prep removes any dirt or debris from your application area.
- Rapid Tac will aide in the wet application of our vehicle tint films.
- Rapid Clear will act as a finishing agent and polish on all Rtints.
- Seal-It Pens are used to seal the edges of all our tint films.
- 3M Primer 94 pens can be used to seal edges and promote adhesion.
Are your colored films legal on headlights for street use?
Clear Protection films are legal. Our colored tint films may not be legal for street use on primary lighting. Please check your state or local laws before application. Our colored films do not produce a blue or red light when lit. All non-clear films are intended for off-road show car use only.
Can this be applied to mirrors or windows?
No. Although the film does allow for light transmission, it is not optically clear and will greatly reduce visibility. It is not intended for these applications.
What are your Rtint Tint Transmission Percentages (VLT):Blackout Tint: 5% Light Transmission
Blue Smoke Tint: 30% Light Transmission
Clear Film: 99% Light Transmission
Chameleon Film: 85% Light Transmission
Green Smoke Tint: 75% Light Transmission
Matte Smoke Tint: 10% Light Transmission
Midnight Static Cling Static Tint: 33% Light Transmission
Neon Smoke Tint: 87% Light Transmission
Orange Smoke Tint: 82% Light Transmission
Pink Smoke Tint: 46% Light Transmission
Purple Smoke Tint: 56% Light Transmission
Red Smoke Tint: 17% Light Transmission
Smoke Tint: 38% Light Transmission
Yellow Smoke Tint: 85% Light Transmission
What do VLT numbers mean?
Rtint Smoke film, which is by far our most popular shade, will smoke your lights by about 38% while still allowing 62% of light to enter the housing. Remember, it works opposite of window tint as you are trying to make the light appear darker on the outside rather than from the inside.