Rtint® Smoke Tint Film Features
- Smoke Tint: 38% Light Transmission
- Transparent and adhesive backed
- Heat conformable for extreme curves and contours
- 3 mil thick (.0042") blends seamlessly with lights
- Warranty backed, durable and UV stable
- Comes pre-applied with removable protective layer that prevents scratches during application
Rtint® Smoke Vinyl Wraps
Rtint® Smoke light tint films are DIY-friendly, triple ply sheets of vinyl wrapping film design to be applied to your vehicle's headlights, tail lights, fog lights and any other light lens or housing you can think of. Apply to OEM or aftermarket lights for a true, custom smoked look.
Rtint® Smoke vehicle light wrapping film is backed by a 3-year warranty and designed to change the look of your lights without significantly effecting the color of the light. It is self-adhesive and applies like a decal or sticker and is meant to be installed using a wet application method, heat stretched and trimmed.
How Do I Install Rtint® Smoke Tint Wraps?
Of course the best way to learn is to watch it being done and we offer a number of installation tutorial videos for that express purpose. Although not every application may be covered by the videos, suffice it to say that the techniques demonstrated are equally applicable to any lights you might think of tint. In addition to the videos, we also provide detailed text-based installation instructions online and with your Rtint® Smoke wrap as well.
Factors to consider that will have an impact upon the difficulty of installation are:
- The skill level of the installer
- The curvature of the lights
- The use of proper installation tools and fluids
What Rtint® Application Tools Do You Recommend?
In short, we recommend all of them. Installation can be tricky depending on the complexity of the lights being tinted and we want you to get the best possible results.
- The application squeegee will reduce air bubbles and aide in heat conforming the film
- Rapid Prep removes any dirt, waxes or debris from your application area
- Rapid Tac will aide in the wet application of our vehicle tint films
- Rapid Clear will act as a finishing agent and polish on all Rtint® Smoke films
- Seal-It Pens are used to seal the edges
- 3M Primer 94 pens can be used to promote adhesion
Are Rtint® Films Legal?
Rtint® Clear Protection films are legal. Our colored Rtint® tint films may not be legal for street use on primary lighting. Please check your state or local laws before application. Our colored films do not produce a tinted light when lit. All non-clear films are intended for off-road show car use only.
Can Rtint® BE Applied to Windows or Mirrors?
No. Although the film does allow for light transmission, it is not optically clear and will greatly reduce visibility. It is not intended for these applications.
What Does 38% VLT Mean?
Rtint® Smoke film, which is by far our most popular shade, will smoke your lights by about 38% while still allowing 62% of light to enter the housing. When speaking of light tint films, it works opposite of window tint as you are trying to make the light appear darker on the outside rather than from the inside.